Car Rider Information
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year. We are excited to meet our new families and welcome everyone to our school family. Our number one priority is the education and safety of your child. When driving, please make sure you do not drop your child at any other location than the designated DROP ZONE. Conduct your vehicle at a reasonable rate of speed in the parking lot.
Car Pool Arrival Procedures (For morning drop off):
- Car pool drop off begins at 8:45 AM. Students must be in class by 9:15. If you arrive after the bell rings at 9:15 AM you will need to park and walk your student inside to check them in as tardy.
- Do not park your cars in the school lot and walk your child to the door. When this happens, we have to stop the line to let you cross which slows the car pool process. Parents may walk in with their students for the first two weeks of school. Starting week three all students must be dropped off through the line.
- Please look to staff for directions. If they are waving you on, please continue before stopping to let your child out. We are trying to maximize the number of children exiting the cars so they may enter the building safely.
- Make sure your child is ready to get out of the car (bags packed, seat belt unbuckled) when stopped at the designated drop zone. Do not get out of the car to assist your child as this slows the car pool process.
- Exit on the RIGHT side of the vehicle at all times. This is for student safety.
Car Pool Dismissal Procedures (For afternoon pickup):
- If your child is a car rider please stay in your car and follow the carpool line until your child is released to pick-up at the colored stations (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue).
- As you enter the carpool line, please hang your car tag number on your rearview mirror so carpool staff can radio to staff for your child to come to their assigned colored station. If you do not have a car rider number the form can be found below. Please fill it out and return it to your child's teacher. We will assign you a number and send home a carpool tag. If you have a number from a previous year you may use it again. Even if you already have a number from last year, please fill out a new form so that contact information is kept current.
- Please proceed to the colored station that was assigned to your child – Do not get out of the car.
- Please follow the carpool line until you exit the school parking lot – Do not pass other cars or park to get your child once the carpool line is in progress or if it is after 3:30pm; this slows the car pool process. You will be required to show your ID to pick up your child in the front office after the school dismissal process is finished.
- We urge you to continue to send in the forms with completed information so we can assign your carpool numbers as quickly as possible. Thanks for your cooperation.
Unsafe Actions- We are asking all parents and families to NOT do the following:
- Do NOT get out of your car and wait in the parking lot to pick up your child. For the safety of all students, your child will be released after all carpool cars and riders have been dismissed.
- Do NOT pull out from behind a car after you have picked up your child.
Early Dismissal Procedures
- Early Dismissal is before 3:30pm. You will not be allowed to walk to the office to pick-up your child after 3:30pm. You will be asked to join the carpool line to pick-up your child.
- In the event of early dismissal, a note should be sent with your child informing the school of the time you will pick up your child. This will ensure that your child will be ready for Early Dismissal when you arrive.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Jennifer Moore.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 980-343-0380.